Modista is a neat way to look at shoes and stuff.
Generally: browse by clicking on items that interest you. We'll display similar color and shape varieties so that you can explore related looks, along with filters that can refine your search.
Technically: Modista indexes Web-scale product inventories with image processing, in addition to text metadata. Speedy algorithms generate the patented grid interface in real-time.
Officially: Arlo Faria and AJ Shankar built this at Berkeley. In 2009, our startup was shut down by litigious jerks. That's now over -- "the dispute has been resolved" -- so we're back!
Shop our retailers' best deals right here on Modista!
Have an idea about what you want?
» Refine your search
Looking for a deal?
» View current sales
Learn more about using Modista:
» Take a quick tour
No items viewed yet.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips to make the most of your experience:
- You can use your browser's back and forward buttons to review earlier items and create bookmarks. Or simply add items to Favorites as you go. They'll be saved for future visits, and can be shared with friends via email or a link.
- You can actually type all kinds of stuff into the Quick Search box, such as "size 10 white asics gel kayano" or "waterproof hiking boot".
- Suppose you find the perfect item -- but it's too expensive. Adjust the price sliders in the Refine By > dialog to display only similar-looking items that are within your budget!
- Resize your browser window for optimal viewing. We'll display as many items as can fit in the window. No more scrolling!
- Favorites getting full? Simply email them to yourself ("Share Favorites!") to keep them permanently.
- Please leave us some feedback via the Help menu!
style, description, name, e.g.
Remove recommended items that you don't like by clicking on the
. We'll add the rest to your Favorites list.